Tip of the day
Some pilot using a COMPETINO+ or COMPEO+, has entered into his instrument flight specific settings, e.g. for competition or XC flights, or even simply for another aircraft. All these specific settings are also stored on the SD card by use of the current firmware. Therefore it is indeed quite easy to purchase several SD cards, being programmed regarding the respective instrument settings for the various flight missions. This is the simplest possibility to adapt the Vario rapidly and under optimal conditions to the respective missions.
Naturally there is still the possibility to record these settings on one SD card; however, it requires some work on the PC, because some data files on the SD card need to be renamed.
A workaround in regard to this subject is available on our website under downloads and SD card.
New Firmware for all IQ-COMPEO+ pilots available!
Attention. We highly recommend to upload the new testfirmware V 3.37c at the COMPEO+ units! This firmware optimise the internal handling of the flight memory combined with the SD Card!
Remarkably improved features on IQ-COMPEO+ and IQ-COMPETINO+
|The well-proven functions of the IQ-Competino+ and IQ-COMPEO+ flight instruments have recently been expanded with the use of the SD card option. With firmware v3.35i ( now available ) for the Compeo+ and the release 3.09a for the Competino+ (both available at no charge) the following additional features are provided:|
- Summary: Next days we shall receive the first issue of
SD-cards presenting the air space areas of
Germany and Austria. The new firmware versions 3.35i for IQ-COMPEO+ and 3.09a for
IQ-COMPETINO+ facilitate the comprehensive handling of all data by means of the
SD-card. Any owner of the instruments COMPEO+/COMPETINO+ will receive the SD-card (4 GB) free of charge! This card enables the storage of all air space files worldwide,
as well as scores of waypoints and routes, and also memorizing of flights for comfortable read-out on the PC - and indeed independent from the operating system! The only prerequisite is the presence of an appropriate flight analysis software program.
Due to the fact that SD-cards of up to 32 GB may be utilized, there is practically unlimited memory for flight data provided. The SD-card also contains a small tool which makes handling of the card on the PC very easy, so that any pilot can update his
air space files at any time and can also add new countries.
It makes no sense to download directly to the instrument a huge air space file, of which the data base may be outdated or is not yet updated. The other point is the security provided by the verification and conversion from "Openair" air space files into the new *faf format, by which errors within the "Openairdata" are rectified. Indeed, errors are unfortuneately often existing.
The air space files of Germany and Austria being downloaded by us on the SD-card are current and official air space data, such as provided by DAeC and Austrocontrol. However, each pilot is invited to take care himself of updating regularly his data files. Bräuniger/Flytec indicates this obligation explicitly and refuse any liability for the utilization of air space data. Each pilot is acting on his own responsibility.
Please check our website for detailed instructions about handling of the SD-card,
as also in regard to download of the software tool "Openair2faf".
- Establishment of known or recently discovered obstacles such as cables, no-fly zones, and hay ropes.
- Automatic management of these files by the Competino+/Compeo+
- Storage of virtually limitless flights on SD card and fast read-out of the SD card on Mac/PC.
- Storage and read-out of waypoints on SD card in GPX format and therefore easy exchange of waypoint lists from instrument to instrument or via Mac/PC.
- Storage and read-out of routes on SD and therefore easy exchange of routes/competition tasks from pilot or task-setter directly from instrument to instrument or via Mac/PC.
- Preprogrammed SD-cards available soon (16 GB with worldwide airspace)
- Near Thermal Tone: This ingenious ”thermal snooping“ function acoustically alerts the pilot of the possible presence of a nascent or poorly centered thermal. The tone can be configured according to pilot’s preferences and superfluous indication is prevented prior to take-off with automatic flight detection.
- Info Page: Shows the three nearest air spaces with their official designation, upper and lower limits and a comment field. The comment field may be used, for example, to show the tower radio frequency. The Info Page can be brought up at any time with a short press of the “info” key.
For paragliders, the experimental period for the “virtual cage” eDrive motor system has been extended one year. The virtual cage system, which facilitates safe flying without a protective cage, is indeed so recent and futuristic that the responsible authorities require more time for study. All pilots, after receiving appropriate training, who soar with the Virtual cage system are enthusiastic about the new feeling of freedom in the air. Related information and impressive video can be found on the Bräuniger website and on YouTube.